Monday, August 26, 2013

1001 Nights - The Best Middle Eastern, Mediterranean and Turkish Food in Brooklyn


People ask me all the time why I moved to Brooklyn. Well, first of all, I couldn't afford Manhattan and Long Island couldn't afford me. But second of all, I say, and more importantly, I have a deep and serious need to consume food of a variety of ethnicities, frequently and voraciously! And Brooklyn is just the place to do that.

I spend a lot of time googling restaurants: Middle Eastern restaurants NYC, Mediterranean restaurant New York, Turkish food Brooklyn. So low and behold, I find 1001 Nights. I had to try it!

Their menu is a variety of dishes hailing from Turkey, the Mediterranean, and Uzbekistan. Well, I figured we should try something from each cuisine, right?

To start, we had to go Mediterranean restaurant New York style. The waiter was incredibly friendly (and cute, I might add... sorry hubby... I know you won't read this) and we ordered right away without even looking at the menu. They had just what we were in the mood for: a Mediterranean mix of babaganush, hummus, suzma with greens and a spicy feta spread. It arrived quickly, to our hungered delight, and started us off with a bang. Exactly what we were craving, fresh and it was clear that no shortcuts had been taken on the ingredients.

Next: Turkish food Brooklyn. I love shish-kabobs, so of course I had to try the lamb. I could tell they really knew what they were doing from the first bite; the meat was juicy, with just the right texture. My husband got the veal tongue and said it was seasoned perfectly. So put a check mark in doing Turkish food Brooklyn right.

We split the Chicken Tabaka and LOVED it. I've gone to so many Middle Eastern restaurants NYC, but I don't think I've ever had food from Uzbek quite like this. You know the amount of spiciness that really gets your blood flowing, but maintains all the taste of each ingredient, even magnifying them on your tongue because of that spice? This was it. Amazing!

About this time, we were stuffed. The check came and we were totally satisfied - all that food for a completely affordable price. We will so definitely go back again. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment